Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It will be a yellow Thursday

2 days until surgery!

I want to ask each of you to do something for me on Thursday but, before I get to that I want to tell you a little about my Anesthesiologist appointment.

Anesthesiologist's Phone Appointment
On Friday, I was able to talk to Nurse from the Anesthesiologist's office.  She had a lot of questions for me about my health background.  Overall, I'm a pretty healthy person so there is not a need for any additional tests prior to surgery.  She asked me how I was feeling about my up coming surgery.  She told me that this weekend, I need to rest, and relax.  She told me that the last thing I need to do is stress out about anything.  She is mainly concerned that I don't fall ill.  If I do get sick, they won't be able to operate.

She also told me that since I can get low blood sugar easily, that on Wednesday night, I will need to have dinner then eat AGAIN before midnight.  Midnight is the cut-off for food for me.  She told me that they moved my surgery time up... I will now need to check-in at 10 am, for my 1pm surgery.

She also prescribed me Xanex.  She told me to take Xanex Wednesday morning, again on Wednesday night, and again on Thursday morning (good grief)!!  She told me not to stress because it will increase my blood pressure and cause me to recover a lot slower.

She told me that a majority of patients have their own rooms.  She told me that it can always happen where you are in the room with another patient, but that it is really rare.

It was really comforting talking to this nurse, she was very friendly and made this totally unexpected surgery for me sound VERY routine to her.  I'm thankful for the Nurse.

This Thursday (2 Days)

I want to ask each of you to do something... for me!  As many of you know the color for Sarcoma Awareness is YELLOW, yes yellow!!



I thought it would be fun to ask if you would wear yellow on Thursday, for me and to bring awareness to this very rare cancer? 

If you are able to, post a picture on Facebook, text, or e-mail me a photo of your yellow!? Use the hashtag #JenBeatsSarcoma  I just thought it would be so fun on Thursday, that once I've recovered from surgery to check my phone and social media, and see all the yellow and know that you were thinking of me and bringing awareness to this very rare cancer.  It will just make me smile!!



Thanks for reading!!



3 comments:

  1. We will be in yellow!! Love you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today! Posted a pic to facebook. I need a selfie stick lol, but at least I got the dogs in too. We are all praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy: Leave your comments!