Thursday, December 15, 2016

What. The. Fracture. (Part 3 of 3)

What. The. Fracture.  (Part 3 of 3)


On Tuesday, November 29th I completed the Chest CT that Dr. O’Donnell requested.  I was anxious to get the results.  I called the next morning and asked to get a copy of my radiology report.  The woman that answered told me that I needed to wait FOUR days before they would release the report to me.  So I waited…

Four days later, I called O’Donnell’s office to check and see if they received a copy of my report – the Nurse told me that they did have a copy and O’Donnell did review it.  She told me that he asked for the imaging department to overnight my images to him because he wanted to see for himself.  She told me that the following Monday (last Monday), someone would call me.  So I waited…

On Monday I called to get O’Donnell’s interpretation on my scans, and the nurse told me that they just got my images in that day and that O’Donnell would review them and someone would call me Tuesday.  So I waited…

On Tuesday, I called in again.  This time they told me that O’Donnell had reviewed my images and that he was declining to comment… and I just knew…  She told me that O’Donnell referred me to a Thoracic Oncology Surgeon, Dr. Mann.  She told me that they were going to bring my case up to the Sarcoma Tumor board on Thursday December 15, and that I would hear from someone then.  So I waited.

I hope these series of posts Parts 1, 2, & 3 have caught you up with what has transpired over the last two months.  To think… all of this was started because my leg fractured…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: Leave your comments!