Thursday, December 15, 2016

What. The. Fracture. (Part 2 of 3)


What. The. Fracture.   (Part 2 of 3)
So I waited and in November, I heard from the scheduling department for all of the scans I needed to complete… 6 of them!

Cervical Spine MRI
Thoracic Spine MRI
Lumbar Spine MRI
Right Leg MRI
PET CT
Nuclear Bone Scan

I was able to complete all 6 of them in a three-day time frame.  I crammed them all in because with nuclear imaging, I wasn't able to hold my son or breastfeed him since I was 'reactive' - I wanted to get them done and FAST!!  Also, Dr. O’Donnell made it very clear that they all needed to be completed before my follow-up appointment that I had made for the week of Thanksgiving.

So the week of Thanksgiving, I headed back to San Fran to get good news!!

I arrived early and O’Donnell was ON TIME for my appointment!  He immediately opened my scans and started analyzing.  He started typing in my file – a lot!  I could tell that he was looking at my lung imaging.

When he was done, he told me that my fracture in my right leg, due to Osteonecrosis, looked to be healing (YAY!!!!).  He told me that he would need me to get yet another scan.  He said that a chest CT would allow my lungs to really expand and be able to get good images of the two nodules that were found. 

If your keeping count – that’s 7 scans during the month of November alone.  Since the beginning of my Cancer Journey, I’ve had 47 scans!  I kept count because there are just so many.  Sarcoma is different - Sarcoma is resistant to Chemo & Radiation.  Without the chemo and radiation to fall back on, to beat Sarcoma, you need to catch whatever it is EARLY, and the Doctor needs to surgically remove it.  This is why I have so many scans.

I scheduled the Chest CT and waited…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: Leave your comments!